Gene R. Zweben, Esq.
“I want people to feel heard. I want them to know I understand what they are going through and that I’m here to help alleviate as much stress as possible.”
Founding and managing partner of Zweben Law Group, Gene Zweben, finds great satisfaction in helping people when insurance companies try to take advantage of them. As an experienced personal injury litigator and leader of a dedicated team, Gene fights to level the playing field and get fair compensation for clients.
While the trend in personal injury practice is to rush through cases to reach a quick settlement, Gene prefers to take a different strategy. “I approach each case individually and try to explain the process so that my clients understand how injury claims work,” he explains.
He keenly believes in the importance of communication with his clients and strives to provide regular updates, often checking in to see how a client is doing even if he has no news to report on his end. It is not surprising that the words clients use most often to describe Gene are “honest,” “attentive,” and “reachable.”
Gene started practicing personal injury law on the Treasure Coast in 1996, shortly after he was admitted to the Florida Bar. Through the years, he has maintained his focus and commitment to the welfare of his clients and litigates plaintiffs’ personal injury cases throughout the State of Florida.
An active member of the Martin County Bar Association, Gene serves as Chair of the 5k Committee and a member of the Judicial Relations Committee. He is also active with the Treasure Coast Justice Association, and the Justice Major B. Harding American Inns of Court. In addition to his involvement with the legal community, he enjoys helping the community at large. He has served as Chair of the Board of the United Way of Martin County and currently serves on the Facilities Committee for Helping People Succeed.
As an avid runner and triathlete, Gene is always looking forward to his next marathon or Ironman triathlon.
- Emory University, B.B.A., 1993
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1996
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- United States District Court, Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle and Eastern District of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Northern, Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
- United States District Court, District of Colorado
- United States District Court, District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh, Eleventh and District of Columbia Circuits
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Martin County Bar Association (5k Co-Chair and Judicial Relations Committee)
- Palm City Chamber of Commerce
- Martin County/Stuart Chamber of Commerce / Leadership Class 26
- Treasure Coast Justice Association
- United Way of Martin County Past Board Chair, Fund Distribution Committee Chair, and Governance Committee Chair
- Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee, Martin County (Past Committee Member)
Articles by Gene Zweben
In Florida, it is not a requirement to have liability coverage. That means it is very possible that someone who hits you in an automobile…
Oftentimes people wonder what a premises liability case is. You may have heard the term slip & fall or trip & fall and basically, those…
A lot of times people will schedule a consultation with me after they have tried to work with an insurance company on their own to…