Children’s Injury Lawyer in St. Lucie County, FL
When a child experiences an injury due to another person’s negligence, all kinds of challenging emotions can arise — anger, confusion, stress, sadness, and more. Our attorneys at Zweben Law Group are here to bring justice to children’s injury cases and help families move forward after devastating injuries.
Contact our children’s injury lawyer serving St. Lucie County, FL, today at 772-223-5454 to schedule your free case evaluation.
What Is a Children’s Injury Case?
A children’s injury case occurs when a child experiences an injury or illness due to another person’s negligence. This case falls under the broader personal injury category.
Adults have a responsibility to protect the children under their care. Unfortunately, children often do not recognize hazards and situations that could produce injuries. As a result, adults need to remove potential risks to a reasonable extent to prevent injuries.
A person may be responsible for a child’s injuries if the following occurred:
- The person owed a duty of care to the child
- The person breached that duty of care
- The child experienced an injury
- The injury occurred as a direct result of the breach of the duty of care
Florida is a comparative negligence state, meaning that insurance companies can find multiple parties partially at fault for an accident. Working with a qualified children’s injury lawyer in St. Lucie County, FL, can help you receive favorable outcomes for your children’s injury case.
Types of Injuries in St. Lucie County Children’s Injury Cases
Children’s injury cases can produce a wide range of injuries. The most common are as follows:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
If your child has experienced any of these injuries due to another person’s negligence, you may be able to seek compensation.
What to Do When Your Child Experiences an Injury Due to Another Person’s Negligence
When your child becomes injured, you will likely immediately jump into action and do everything you can to minimize the damage. While caring for your child’s immediate medical needs is essential, you should also take a few other steps to assist your personal injury case.
Here are the steps you should take after a child experiences an injury due to another person’s negligence:
- Seek medical attention: First, you should seek medical treatment for your child by calling 911 or taking them to the hospital.
- Contact the police: We also recommend calling the police to create a police report detailing the accident’s circumstances.
- Document the scene: If you can, you should take photos of the accident scene to use as evidence in your insurance claim or lawsuit.
- Contact a personal injury attorney: Finally, you should contact a personal injury attorney with experience in children’s injuries as soon as possible.
Contact Our Experienced Children’s Injury Lawyer in St. Lucie County, FL
Based in Stuart, Florida, and serving you across all of Florida, Zweben Law Group is ready to assist you in your children’s injury case. Contact us today at 772-223-5454 to schedule your free case evaluation with our children’s injury lawyer in St. Lucie County, FL.
Start Your Free Consultation Today
We will keep your information confidential. You can call us or complete the form below.