Experienced Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer in Stuart, FL
Whether you were a passenger in a rideshare accident, an Uber or Lyft driver injured while driving for the company, or in another vehicle struck by an Uber or Lyft driver, you have the right to seek compensation for your injuries. However, Uber and Lyft drivers are independent contractors. Do you file a claim with the driver’s personal car insurance or through their commercial policy with Uber or Lyft?
At Zweben Law Group, we have over 25 years of experience representing injured parties across the Treasure Coast and Florida. Call us at 772-223-5454 to schedule a free case evaluation with a knowledgeable Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer in Stuart, FL.
Who Is Liable for a Rideshare Accident in Florida?
Just because a negligent driver hits you and drives for Lyft or Uber doesn’t necessarily mean the company is liable. Legal liability depends on whether the driver caused the accident, whether the driver was working at the time, and whether you can prove the driver’s actions led to your injuries. Circumstances that could affect liability include:
- If the Uber or Lyft driver wasn’t working at the time and the driver’s app was off, the driver would be personally liable for any damage or injuries.
- If the Uber or Lyft driver wasn’t driving to pick up or transport a rideshare customer but had the app on to respond to requests for a ride, the insurance companies for either the driver or Uber/Lyft could be responsible and pay damages.
- If the Uber or Lyft driver was transporting or on their way to pick up a passenger, the rideshare company would compensate injured victims in the accident.
How Do I Seek Compensation for My Injuries in an Uber or Lyft Accident?
At our firm, an experienced Uber or Lyft accident lawyer in Stuart, FL, is just a call away. Because filing a claim with a large rideshare company often includes several additional steps, you need a knowledgeable attorney to work closely with the rideshare company, insurance companies, and your claim’s insurance adjuster.
Your personal injury lawyer can begin gathering evidence for your claim as soon as you contact us, including photos of the accident scene, nearby security footage, and copies of documentation for your case.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me Pay My Medical Bills?
Insurance companies don’t like to pay claims. When you have a growing stack of medical bills, you might be ready to take the insurance company’s first offer. Let an experienced personal injury lawyer with our firm help you:
- Gather evidence for your claim
- File the appropriate forms and speak on your behalf with your insurance adjuster
- File a lawsuit against the negligent party responsible for your injuries if necessary
- Negotiate a fair settlement
Contact Zweben Law Group for a Rideshare Accident Lawyer in Stuart, FL
When you need an Uber or Lyft accident lawyer in Stuart, FL, turn to our experienced team at Zweben Law Group. Located in Stuart and serving all of Florida, we’re ready to fight for you. Call us at 772-223-5454 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
Start Your Free Consultation Today
We will keep your information confidential. You can call us or complete the form below.