Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyer
Did you suffer an accident while using a ridesharing service like Uber and Lyft, or were you a victim of an accident with an Uber or Lyft? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
To learn about your legal options after a ridesharing accident or with a ridesharing vehicle, or for a free case evaluation, call our team at Zweben Law Group in Stuart, FL, at (772) 223-5454.
Who Takes Responsibility for an Uber/Lyft Accident in Florida?
Liability for ridesharing accidents in Florida hinges on two questions: a) Was the Lyft or Uber driver logged into the ridesharing app, and b) Was the driver transporting a passenger, driving to pick up a passenger, or simply available through the app at the time of the accident?
- If the Lyft or Uber driver was off the ridesharing app, the ridesharing company takes no responsibility for the accident and the victim may only count on their own and the at-fault driver’s insurance policy.
- If the Uber/Lyft app was on, but the rideshare driver was not on active duty when the accident occurred, both the driver’s insurance policy and the ridesharing company’s coverage might compensate accident victims.
- If the Uber/Lyft driver was on the way to pick up, or driving, a passenger, the ridesharing company should provide compensation to the victim through its commercial insurance policy.
What Do You Do After an Uber/Lyft Accident?
If you're involved in a ridesharing accident, you should:
- Seek urgent medical care. If necessary, go to the ER or visit a physician for a checkup. Save every medical record.
- Take photos and videos of the accident scene from multiple angles, and write down every detail you can remember about the accident.
- Report the accident to the police and ask for a copy of the police report.
- Call our Uber/Lyft accident attorney for a case evaluation. Note that we are not affiliated with Uber or Lyft - we represent you. Avoid making official statements to insurance companies or entering into any agreements before you speak to a lawyer.
Why Do You Need Our Uber/Lyft Accident Lawyer?
Like any car crash, an Uber/Lyft accident can leave you with physical and mental trauma, lost wages, devastating medical bills, and reduced ability to work. During this trying time, you need trusted legal support from a skilled accident lawyer with experience handling Uber/Lyft cases who will:
- Evaluate your case and tell you what type and amount of compensation you might expect
- Help you source and present the relevant evidence to establish liability for your accident
- Handle the compensation claim process, negotiate with insurance companies, and protect your rights when dealing with the insurance companies
- Advise you on your legal options, like filing a personal injury lawsuit
Zweben Law Group: Reliable Legal Help for Uber/Lyft Accident Victims in Stuart, FL
Did you sustain injuries in a ridesharing accident or with a ridesharing vehicle? At Zweben Law Group, our legal team is here to fight for your rights and handle your compensation process while you focus on recovery.
Call us at (772) 223-5454 or contact us online for a free consultation with our Stuart, FL Uber/Lyft accident lawyers. You pay no fee unless we win.
Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Automobile Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Children’s Injuries
- Dog Bites/Animal Attacks
- Insurance Disputes
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Slip/Trip & Fall
- Truck Accidents
- Workers Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- and more...
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Your first consultation is always free. We will keep your information confidential.
Start Your Free Consultation Today
We will keep your information confidential. You can call us or complete the form below.