Weighing up to 80,000 pounds, tractor-trailer trucks (also known as semis and 18-wheelers) can cause horrendous damage and injury when they are involved in an accident – especially with a standard size passenger car.
Truck accidents are particularly dangerous because of the sheer body mass of the truck, the speed it may be traveling, and road conditions. Tractor-trailers are super-heavy, extra-large machines on wheels that routinely run at speeds topping 60-70 miles per hour, even in rough weather. In addition, the driver may be fatigued from long hours on the road or may even have been talking on the phone or texting.
Taken together, these factors can combine to create extremely dangerous accidents that result in serious injury or fatality.
Zweben Law Group investigates such accidents promptly and works carefully to preserve evidence. As a result, we are often able to uncover multiple areas of liability, including the negligence of the trucking company, truck driver or other parties. Such negligence often involves:
– Negligent employment practices that result in hiring or retaining careless truck drivers
– Over-ambitious delivery schedules that cause drivers to speed or be fatigued
– Improper loading of trailers that cause rollovers, jackknifes or other accidents
– Insufficient maintenance that may be responsible for faulty parts which lead to accidents
– Defective truck parts that result in tire blowouts or brake failures
Only a thorough investigation by experienced, trained professionals can unearth causes like these and assist an injured party in making a solid case for a claim against those responsible.
We accept all injury cases on a contingency basis, meaning you pay nothing unless we recover for you. If you have been injured in a truck accident, call us TODAY for your free, no-obligation legal consultation.
Personal Injury Practice Areas
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Your first consultation is always free. We will keep your information confidential.