It is estimated that four million Florida children ages 14 and under are injured seriously enough to require medical attention each year. Many of them are hurt are because of the careless or negligent acts of others.
From parks and playgrounds to swimming pools and day care facilities, the people who own and manage them have an obligation to the people who use them — and that includes children. So if your child is injured due to someone else’s carelessness or negligence, you have the right to protect that child’s rights.
We handle claims involving all types of children’s injuries, including:
- injuries on playgrounds caused by dangerous or defective equipment
- injuries in parking lots where there is inadequate security or supervision or unreasonably dangerous situations exist
- injuries at swimming pools, including diving accidents and drowning
- negligence by day care operators or employees
- injuries directly caused by faulty toys
You may be asked to sign a waiver before your child can use the facilities at a park or a pool. But under the law, you cannot waive liability for someone else’s negligence, so don’t let the fact that you signed a waiver keep you from contacting legal counsel to protect your child’s rights.
We represent children who have suffered any type of needless injury, from sprains and strains to serious and catastrophic injury, brain or spinal cord trauma, broken bones, paralysis, burns, and amputation or loss of limb. We also handle wrongful death claims involving children.
Personal Injury Practice Areas
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Your first consultation is always free. We will keep your information confidential.