Boating Accidents Lawyer
Florida is known for its pristine beaches and waterfront properties. Our thriving boating community helps drive tourism to the state.
The drawback here is that being the busiest state for boating also means that Florida has the highest number of boating accidents. This leads to damage to vessels and other property, injury, and even death. If you’ve been injured in a boating accident, you have options.
How Do Boating Accidents Tend to Happen?
There are many causes of recreational boating accidents. It’s important to note that in the state of Florida, all personal watercraft operators are responsible for the safe operation of their vessels. Some of the most common causes of boating accidents include:
- Negligence or improper lookout.
- Excessive speed.
- Lack of experience.
- Failure of equipment.
- Recklessness while operating the vehicle.
- BUI, or boating while under the influence.
- Failure to notice jet skis.
- Failure to give enough distance to other vessels.
There are other causes of boating accidents, but these represent the highest volume of cases in Florida.
What Kinds of Accidents Are Covered?
Zweben Law Group handles all types of recreational boating accidents. While collisions between two vessels are the most common type of accident, we handle many other types of boat accidents as well. These include:
- Collisions involving property damage. This can include damage to piers and docks as well as oceanfront property in cases that do or do not result in injury to the operator or passengers.
- Accidents with objects that are underwater. While this can result in the capsizing of the vessel, that’s not always the case and is not a requirement for a case to be considered.
- Falls while on a boat. These are especially common on vessels where the operator is piloting at excessive speed. Those riding pleasure boats are particularly vulnerable to falls and may be entitled to compensation for their injuries.
- Fire or explosion. Inadequate maintenance, collision, or simple malfunction can all cause a fire or an explosion on a vessel. This can result in personal injury to anyone aboard the vessel, although that’s not always the case.
- Accidents involving a vessel running aground. It’s common for vessels to run aground, especially as tides shift. This can lead to severe injuries for those on board the boat, who may be entitled to compensation for those injuries.
- Cruise ship accidents. It is very common to be injured on a cruise ship. This could involve anything from slipping or tripping while on board a ship, to injuries while on a cruise company’s private island. Cruise ship accidents typically have very specific shortened time limits you need to adhere to in order to make a claim for your injuries, and these cases can be extremely complicated.
Along with all of these types of accidents, Zweben Law Group handles accidents involving a fall overboard, wake damage, sinking, and all types of injuries that occur when a vessel is in operation.
Do I Need an Attorney’s Help?
It’s unfortunately common for those injured in a serious boating accident to forgo legal representation, or worse, to not pursue a case when they’ve been injured. The best thing you can do if you or someone you love has been injured in a boating accident is to get in touch with an attorney immediately.
Your focus after an injury should be on caring for yourself and your family, not on fighting a legal battle all on your own. The right attorney can handle the legal complexities of your case so that you don’t have to.
This type of legal process is complex and involves thoroughly investigating the accident, figuring out what caused the crash, and determining who is liable. Along with this, your attorney will need to gather evidence, interview any witnesses, and negotiate with the insurance companies.
If all of this sounds complicated, then it’s best that you enlist the help of a competent attorney who can handle every step of this process for you.
Zweben Law Group Can Help
If you or a loved one is dealing with the aftermath of a recreational boating accident, Zweben Law Group has the tools and experienced attorneys necessary to help. Our dedicated team will look into the particular details of your case and work with the insurance companies so that you don’t have to. We’ll gather all necessary evidence and information and work toward obtaining compensation.
We have more than 20 years of experience practicing law with a commitment to protecting our clients’ rights and fighting on their behalf. We’ve represented victims in all types of recreational boating accidents all throughout the state of Florida.
Get In Touch Today
Get in touch with a firm right here in the state of Florida that can help with any boating accident you may have been involved in. If you’re looking for representation and help for your injuries, our dedicated team is here for you. Contact us today at (772) 223-5454, and we’ll get started building your case.
Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Automobile Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Children’s Injuries
- Dog Bites/Animal Attacks
- Insurance Disputes
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Slip/Trip & Fall
- Truck Accidents
- Workers Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- and more…
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Your first consultation is always free. We will keep your information confidential.
Start Your Free Consultation Today
We will keep your information confidential. You can call us or complete the form below.