Motorcycle Injury Lawyer (Stuart, FL)
If you’ve had a motorcycle accident in Stuart, Florida, you should speak to a motorcycle injury lawyer as soon as possible.
You may be eligible for compensation, but you could waive your right if you wait too long, lose crucial evidence, or fall for the tricks of insurers and other parties who don’t have your interests at heart.
Our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers can advise you on your legal options and recommend next steps. Call Zweben Law Group today at 772-223-5454 for a free case evaluation.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Stuart, Florida
Our attorneys represent motorcyclists who have suffered injuries such as:
- Road rash
- Hand, arm, or leg injury
- Joint injury
- Neck and back injury
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord damage
- Nerve damage
- Internal bleeding
- Crushing injury
- Brain injury
- Soft tissue or organ damage
What Compensation Can You Seek in a Motorcycle Accident Case?
You can seek compensation for past and future medical bills, past and future lost income, as well as pain and suffering which includes a variety of categories of damages. Typically compensation is provided by the other driver’s insurance company through settlement negotiations.
If you don’t think the settlement is fair, you may be able to file a lawsuit and seek compensatory damages for:
- Medical bills
- Travel expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Chronic pain
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
If the court finds that the other driver acted intentionally or recklessly, it may also award punitive damages that aim to punish the at fault driver.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
If you’re in a motorcycle accident, you may feel overwhelmed, especially if you’re dealing with injuries. If you are able to, follow these steps after the accident:
- Call 911: Check that everyone is safe and out of harm’s way, and report the accident immediately.
- Request a copy of the police report: The officers at the scene will fill out an accident report, which could be valuable in a future motorcycle accident claim.
- Exchange details with the other driver: Ask for their contact, license, and registration information so you can file a claim with their insurer. If there are any witnesses, try to get their contact details as well.
- Document the accident: Take pictures and videos of the scene. When you get home later, write down your memories of the crash.
- Seek immediate medical attention: If you don’t, insurers may argue that you didn’t attempt to treat your injuries. This will also provide evidence of your injuries.
- Gather evidence: Collect medical and police reports, medical bills, receipts, invoices, and any other documents that can prove your losses.
- Contact a motorcycle injury lawyer: An experienced attorney from Zweben Law Group can explain your rights and recommend what compensation you can seek after a motorcycle accident injury. They will also take on the burden of dealing with many of the items above so you can concentrate on recovering from your injuries.
Speak to a Motorcycle Injury Lawyer in Stuart, FL, Today
Based in Stuart, Florida, and serving all of Florida, the experienced attorneys at Zweben Law Group handle motorcycle accident claims. We can help you seek compensation for your injuries and fight for your rights. Call us today at 772-223-5454 for a free, no-strings-attached case evaluation.
Start Your Free Consultation Today
We will keep your information confidential. You can call us or complete the form below.