Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist Coverage

Simplified Dissolution of Marriage
February 9, 2013
10 Social Media Tips to Protect Your Family Law Case
April 13, 2013

Most of our clients involved in auto accidents tell us that they have full coverage. However, in many instances, they do not.

Full coverage includes what is called uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage. This type of coverage is additional coverage you must purchase.

Florida law requires that, in order to reject such coverage or obtain coverage in an amount less than your bodily injury limits, you must sign a specific form.

Uninsured or underinsured motorist insurance provides you with an additional layer of coverage in two instances:
(1) when the at-fault driver has limited insurance or
(2) when the at-fault driver has no insurance at all.

In these instances when the at-fault driver has limited or no insurance to pay for your injuries, you may seek money from your own insurance company under the UM/UIM provision under your policy.

Make sure you have uninsured motorist coverage in your policy to ensure that you are fully protected in the event of an auto accident.

For more information on the contents of this article or any other question you may have, please contact Zweben Law Group at 772-223-5454

Gene Zweben
Gene Zweben
Gene is the managing partner of Zweben Law Group located in Stuart, Florida. Gene's practice focuses on litigating plaintiff's cases throughout the State of Florida and has significant experience in: personal injury, medical malpractice, premises liability, wrongful death, Americans with Disabilities Act litigation, family law and general civil cases.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!