The other person in the accident does not have insurance. Do I still have a claim?

Hi, Gene Zweben from Zweben Law Group here to give you a little information about what to do after a car accident and what happens if the person that hits you, the person that’s at fault doesn’t have any insurance. What do you do? Well hopefully, you have a good insurance agent and they sold you what’s called uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage. We call it “UM.” If you have “UM” and the other person doesn’t have any liability coverage or bodily injury coverage, which I previously discussed in another video, you can go after your own uninsured motorist or underinsured motorist coverage to get the same damages that you would have against the person that was at fault. It’s very important that you have this coverage to protect you here in Florida because it is not required that people driving have liability coverage that would otherwise protect you. So check your policy and make sure that you have that coverage and if you don’t sill call an attorney because even if you don’t have it, there are sometimes ways to get around that to have your insurance pay for your injuries even if you don’t have uninsured motorist coverage. So, I hope this was helpful. I hope you got some information about what happens even if the other side doesn’t have insurance, but if you have any other questions, please feel free to give us a call. We’re happy to help.