Medical Malpractice Lawyer Stuart, FL
Medical malpractice injuries can cause lasting complications or death for patients harmed by a medical error or a breach in standard of care. Medical mistakes cost medical professionals millions in settlements each year, and many medical professionals lose their licenses due to medical malpractice cases.
Contact us at Zweben Law Group to schedule a free case evaluation with a medical malpractice lawyer in Stuart, FL. Our law firm has over 25 years of experience representing injured people across South Florida against insurance companies and medical practitioners.
What Qualifies as Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice is when a medical professional such as a doctor or nurse makes a medical mistake that breaches the standard of care.
Medical malpractice claims can include:
- Charting mistakes
- Improper maintenance of facilities or equipment
- Staff fatigue from overwork
- Labeling errors for samples or medications
- Failure to diagnose or wrong diagnosis
- Improper administration of anesthesia
Turn to our knowledgeable Stuart, FL, medical malpractice lawyers to review your case and help you determine if you have a medical malpractice case.
Examples of Medical Malpractice Injuries
Even what seems like a simple medical procedure could lead to serious injuries if a medical professional commits errors. Some injuries could lead to permanent physical or mental disabilities or even death.
Common medical malpractice injuries include:
- Reactions to improper medications or dosages
- Birth injuries
- Complications from misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose
- Improper home care or follow-up instructions
- Surgical injuries
Because every medical malpractice case is different, it is important that you speak with our experienced medical malpractice lawyers in Stuart, FL. Your injuries may be different from those of someone else with a similar medical malpractice case.
Compensation in Medical Malpractice Cases
You have the right to pursue compensation for your injuries or the injuries sustained by a loved one who succumbed to their injuries. You can pursue economic compensation for actual costs associated with the injury as well as non-economic costs for stress, disability, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life.
If you lost a loved one to medical malpractice injuries, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim and pursue compensation for non-economic value provided by your loved one, including loss of companionship, pain and suffering, and loss of household services.
Several factors could affect the value of your medical malpractice case in Stuart, Florida, including:
- The nature of the medical error
- The extent of your medical malpractice injuries
- Whether you followed all instructions for follow-up care
- Additional costs of care the error caused
- Your ability to return to work
- Disability caused by the error
- Emotional distress caused by the error
- Loss of a loved one to medical malpractice injuries (wrongful death)
Contact Us at Zweben Law Group for a Stuart Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Start Your Free Consultation Today
We will keep your information confidential. You can call us or complete the form below.